To hire a Virtual Assistant is one of the most important things to do as an entrepreneur. Having someone whom you can delegate your tasks to and accomplish day to day tasks can save you time and energy.
Hiring a virtual wing man or woman is a necessary step to building a scalable business and having it continue to grow even when you are not working.
Hiring a virtual assistant is a critical step from being a solopreneur to being a business owner and CEO. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps involved in hiring your first or next virtual assistant.
Firstly, Let’s Go Through The Benefits of Hiring a Virtual Assistant:
You don’t need an office
Hiring a VA enables you to build a team while keeping your expenses low. They can work remotely and with the help of communication tools, managing your virtual staff is a breeze.
You get to work with talented independent contractors
A Virtual Assistant can technically work from anywhere around the world as long as they have internet connection. Even the known big companies have remote workers spread across the different cities or countries.
Delegating tasks help prevent burnout
One main reason why business owners don’t hire a VA is because of the limiting belief that they have to do it all themselves OR if they don’t complete the task, it wont be complete to a high enough standard. These limiting beliefs are completely false! Virtual assistants are experts in what they do just as much as you are. Delegating tasks and responsibilities will prevent you from burnout, save you a lot of time and let you focus on the tasks in your genius zone.
Spend more time scaling up the business
Lastly, when you hire a VA you allow yourself to put your time and energy on a more direct impact on your income. A virtual assistant can help you to document absolutely everything in your business and then create SOP’s (standard operating procedures) out of it. This allows you to create systems and processes so that your business can easily scale by bringing on new clients/customers and team members!
Hiring A Virtual Assistant: Step by Step Guide
When hiring a VA, you’re not just hiring a contractor but a long term team member. You can delegate minor to major tasks and responsibilities to your VA and they occupy a specific role in your team.
Step 1: Create a Task List
Firstly, create a task list. Outline the things you want to delegate on a daily basis, weekly, or periodically. Think about the task you dislike the most and that could be the tasks you should outsource. Then, think of how much it will cost you to outsource. Balance the time that will cost you to how much you will be paying if you let someone do it for you.
A fantastic thing to do before you hire a virtual assistant is to do a time audit. How do you do a time audit?
- Pick a week where you will make a list of every single task that you complete, on matter how big or small.
- From this list, circle the top 3-5 things that are in your genius zone or will help your business to grow (eg content creation, cold calls and sales calls, marketing/strategy).
- Once you have circled these things, write out how much you would pay someone else to do these tasks. As these are very important tasks, the hourly rate will usually be over $75 per hour. For the purpose of this exercise, let’s say it is an average of $100 per hour.
- Now look at the other tasks on the list and write down how much you would pay someone else per hour to complete them. Anything that is below $100 per hour, you need to figure out how you can delegate this to someone else like a virtual assistant.
Finding Your VA
Look through job boards or VA recruitment agencies like Outsource Monkey. It will be much wiser to opt for seeking a VA from Virtual Assistant Companies because they already have a list of talented and skilled VAs. Outsource Monkey is Australia’s leading Virtual Assistant Agency servicing business owners to free up time, brain space and increase profitability.
Screening is the critical step in hiring your VA. You must give them certain tasks to complete. Usually testing them the key metric of what you are looking for.
This is a way to separate the real superstars from pretentious applicants who only look good on the resume
It is a tedious job for an employer to get the perfect match of VA for their business. Someone whom they can trust and rely on. That is why at Outsource Monkey we do it for you. You tell us your needs and we find an expert VA to help you!
If you are ready to finally start delegating those boring and repetitive tasks to a virtual assistant from the Philippines, we have experts to hire from every area you could possibly need! We have Filipino VA’s that specialize in the following areas:
- Diary management
- Database management
- Preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- General administration duties
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
- Accounts payable assistants
- Accounts admin assistants
- Telephone and email support (yes our VA’s have good enough English skills to talk to clients on the phone)
- Live chat set up and management
- Technical support
- CRM management
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Facebook, Instagram, Google and Youtube paid ads
- Video marketing
- Content creation
- Video editing
- Graphic design
- Web design
- Employee or client contracts
- Preparing and sending HR reports and presentation
- Incident reporting
- Updating staff databases
- Writing job descriptions
- Interviewing potential hirees
- Planning and executing recruitment ads
WEB DEVELOPMENT (on a one-off project basis)
- Web software and development
- Building new sites
- Custom coding
- Updating web page content
- Updating resources
- Function testing
- IT help desk support
- Appointment setting
- CRM Management
- Data cleansing
- Sales agent diary management
If you would like to have a chat about hiring a virtual assistant from the Philippines to help save you time and increase the profitability of your business, please reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or book a time in our online calendar at outsourcemonkey.com.au/contact